Published on October 5th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, October 5, 2017
It was on this day in 1962 that the Beatles released “Love Me Do,” their first single. The same day, Dr. No, the first James Bond movie came out. And the music news for October 5.
- Johnny Lydon was so drunk that security turned him away from his own party.
- This woman was saved from being shot in Las Vegas by her iPhone.
- Jared Leto has been tapped to play Hugh Hefner in a biopic.
- Has the Las Vegas massacre changed music festivals forever? Maybe.
- A Florence + the Machine song has been co-opted by some conservative political elements in the UK. She’s not happy about this.
- Are YouTube streams about to be included in stats for the Top 200 album chart?
- Are you a musician who loves to cook? Then submit a recipe to the Sask Music Rock Star Cookbook.
- Sonos has finally introduced a smart speaker…
- …while Google has introduced two more.
- These wireless Google earbuds also offer real-time language translation.Cooool! (Via Fred)
- Here’s one indie band’s take on how to live long and (mostly) prosper in the music business today.
- This is a case study on Jay-Z’s rise to success. It’ll be of interest to business people.