Published on October 6th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, October 6, 2016
One more sleep until the long weekend. Hang in there. And now, some music news.
- Well, this is awkward. Ewan and Shamus Curry of The Sheepdogs have a new project called BROS (pronounced with a long “o”). Now the awful British pop band from the 90s called Bros (pronounced with a short “o”) has decided to reform.
- Russia is not happy with Robbie Williams. Here’s why.
- Prince’s Paisley Park complex may be closed to the public for a little longer because they still have to work out some zoning situations.
- Recording the chatty fish of Britain. Yes, loquacious fish.
- If you’re ever in LA and you love guitars, maybe you should visit the new headquarters of Fender in Hollywood. (Via Peter)
- Interesting for marketing people: “Building your sonic brand.”
- The Rolling Stones played a surprise show for 1200 truckers in Las Vegas.
- Don’t give up hope on Brian Johnson, AC/DC Fans…
- Someone has heard some new Tool music and says it’s their “best ever.”
- Good to see the Headstones working on some new stuff. (Via Larry)
- “Oldchella” (i.e. the Desert Trip shows) people burned by scalpers.
- Is Daft Punk thinking of touring? Apparently.
- The music industry is experiencing a serious brain drain as the best and brightest head for the tech industry.
- Shazam lost a whack of money last year.
- Lol Tolhurst talks about growing up with Robert Smith and the Cure.
- Jared Leto is just plain weird.
- Bob Marley’s kid is turning a prison into a cannabis farm. How’s that for turnabout?