Published on September 1st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, September 1, 2016
September 1? Already? Let’s distract ourselves with music news…
- Frank Zappa’s estate just sold for $5.49 million. Sounds like a cool place.
- Speaking of landmarks, here’s a gallery of some important rock’n’roll locations in London and the UK.
- Take a look at/listen to this baby evil genius. He creeps me out.
- Ex(?) AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has been hospitalized with a heart attack.
- Remembering the rise of the Ramones at CBGB by someone who was there.
- Meanwhile, John Varvatos is selling Ramones shirts for $98. (There used to be a JV store on the old CBGB site. Is it still there?)
- Did a Beach Boy actually witness Charles Manson commit a murder? That’s the allegation.
- Got a SONOS system in the house? There have been some enhancements that you might find interesting.
- Meanwhile, Spotify is trying to figure out what to do with the major labels ahead of its proposed IPO.
- Bruce Springsteen has broken his record for his longest US concert for the third time in a week. He played for four hours and one minute.
- This club holds a night exclusively for witches and warlocks. It’s Goth on steroids, I guess.