Published on September 15th, 2016 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Thursday, September 15, 2016
Still in Singapore, eating noodles and curry. I can’t wait to get home to have a steak. And now, in music news…
- If you’re into Goth, there’s a new book coming on Bauhaus by drummer Kevin Haskins.
- Ever hear about a band called X Japan? They may be the most famous band you’ve never encountered. This documentary will fix that. (Via Danny)
- Korn and Limp Bizkit are going to tour the UK together. What year is it again?
- Here are the latest odds for the Mercury Prize. David Bowie’s Blackstar is currently the favourite at 4/7.
- For reasons unknown, Aqua is reuniting after 20 years. Remember their one hit “Barbie Girl?” (Think before you click.) (Via Tom)
- Five great conspiracy theories about Tupac.
- Another big reissue compilation, this time from the Human League.
- The EU is ordering YouTube to pay more for music.
- Do playlists on streaming music services actually make it harder to break new artists? Some people think so.
- Meanwhile, it looks like Spotify has surpassed 40 million subscribers. Apple should be concerned.
- Nena–yes, the “99 Luftballons” singer–is back, just in time for the nuclear holocaust that will be unleashed by Donald Trump. Just ask her about that.
- I may have to get me one of Amazon’s Echo or Echo Dots, just to try one out.
- Here’s how Bruce Springsteen spent seven years writing his biography on his own without even calling a publisher. (Hey, he’s The Boss. Like no one would take his memoirs…)
- Secrets of the soundtrack to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.