Published on April 12th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, April 12, 2016
It was thirty-five years ago today that the first space shuttle was launched. It was Columbia, by the way. And now, the music news…
- Slash is going to be making so much money from the current Guns ‘N Roses tour that he might be thinking of trading up when it comes to houses. His old place is now up for sale again.
- If that’s no good, you can look at Britney Spears place, which is also on the market.
- Rammstein is suing the German government. As if Angela doesn’t have enough trouble…
- The lineup is coming together for the 2016 Kitchener Blues Fest. (Via Larry)
- If you’re a musician, you have to pay taxes. Don’t make these mistakes.
- Did Radiohead just film a music video with Paul Thomas Anderson? It looks like it.
- This Elton John issue re: his Canadian partner his Canadian partner is getting messy.
- As YouTube’s music licenses coming up for renewal, the music industry is ratcheting up the anti-YouTube rhetoric. If you’re interested in following the story, go here and here.
- Sloan’s One Chord to Another is now twenty years old. The band talks about that.
- Can’t make it to Coachella? This weekend will be streamed.
- How big is Canada when it comes to global music revenues? Big. VERY big.