Could be worse. We could all be living in Boston with all that snow.
- SHUT THE F**K UP, KANYE!
- After Beck won Best Album at the Grammys, Beyonce fans made a mess of Beck’s Wikipedia page. BAD Kanye!
- CityTV says that this year’s Grammys was the most-watched program in the network’s history with an average viewership of 2.64 million. Everything peaked at 3.84 million during Madonna’s horny-filled performance while the overall audience total for the night was 8 million.
- The Imagine Dragons were in an $8 million live commercial for Target during the Grammys. We didn’t see it because–well, you’ve heard about OUR Target stores…
- Apple says they’re NOT buying Taylor Swift’s record label. Uh-huh…
- I like how the debate over the payouts to artists from streaming music services is becoming more transparent. Again, the problems with these payouts is NOT with the streaming services themselves.
- The railway platform where a young Mick Jagger met a young Keith Richards has been marked with a historical plaque.
- Here’s a good history of the legendary Laurel Canyon music scene.
Dogg LionWhatever is looking to raise $25 million US to start a weed-based company. He’ll be the highest -rankingexecutive in the enterprise.
- Introducing the new Tool/Mastodon super group. Nice, but wouldn’t a new Tool album be nicer?
- The US still things Canada is a nation of intellectual property thieves. We’re back on their official “watch list” along with China, Ukraine, Russia and Viet Nam.
- Ozzy has to pay $27,000 to rid his house of bats. Call it karma. (Via Tom)