Published on February 21st, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, February 21, 2017
It was on this day in 1958 that the peace symbol was unveiled. I have no idea its official name is the CND symbol. And now, the music news.
- Kurt Cobain would have been 50 yesterday. Here are Nirvana’s biggest songs in the UK since then.
- So Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are working together again?
- David Cassidy, best known as Keith from The Partridge Family, has revealed he has dementia. His admission explains this.
- Brexit is screwing with classical music in Britain.
- Meanwhile, this violinist is annoying London commuters.
- Disney–yes, them–is working on amazing wireless charging technology.
- Good question: Is Donald Trump affecting radio ratings?
- In the Dominican Republic, a couple of radio people were shot dead in the middle of a broadcast.
- Toronto’s club scene is shrinking. How does one make a living now?
- Digital album sales continue to dive in Canada, down 31% from this time last year. Meanwhile, on-demand streams are up 96%.
- This sanctuary established in Amy Winehouse’s name is doing real good for people who need help.
- Brian Mulrooney once serenaded Donald Trump. Think before you click.
- Is American Idol about to get a reboot?