Random Music News for Tuesday, January 10, 2017
One year ago today, we woke up to the news of Bowie’s death. Goddammit, that still makes me sad. And now, the music news of the day.
- U2 has postponed the release of their next album so they can write more songs about Donald Trump. I’m not kidding.
- Pussy Riot thinks the Trump-Putin bromance will be the shortest honeymoon in history.
- What are the greatest chords of all time? Let’s discuss that.
- Mark the date: The 10th anniversary of Record Store Day is coming up April 22.
- Interesting: George Michael secretly flew to Vienna to see some doctors just a month before he died.
- We don’t have Amazon’s Alexa in Canada yet, but the company is already working on getting it into cars.
- North Korea is shutting down its AM stations.
- Anyone else notice that Spotify redesigned all its icons? No big deal, but it’s interesting.
- The return of the Technics SL-1200 turntable was very welcome, but the new models are too damned expensive. But now there’s a “half price” version.
- Great news! Some UK magazines have been saved from extinction by new owners.
- That dad is actually a pretty good singer.
- Hugh’s Room, one of Toronto’s best live music venues, has been forced to close.
- Turntable production has been ramped up to meet the vinyl demand.
- Will Noel Gallagher end up opening for a bunch of U2 shows on the 30th anniversary Joshua Tree tour?
- A Perfect Circle is planning an album and tour. Uh, Maynard? What about that Tool album?
- Really, Kid Rock? A Confederate flag? And in Detroit?