Published on January 24th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, January 24, 2017
It’s still January? And is there still a sun in the sky? It’s been weeks since it’s been out over my house. Which reminds me: gotta buy vitamin D today. And now, the music news.
- Gavin Rossdale says that he never wanted to divorce Gwen Stefani.
- Brian Eno has been musing about Donald Trump and has this to say.
- Another dismal week for pure album sales in the US. The xx’s I See You is #1 on SoundScan with just 36,000 copies sold. Add up everything in the top 200 and the sales numbers barely break 600,000.
- Someone sign this frog! Now!
- This guy sounds exactly like Freddie Mercury but can’t speak a word of English.
- An actor was fatally shot during the production of a music video in Australia. Apparently, the gun was loaded with blanks, too.
- So far this year, physical and digital Canadian album sales are down 26.6% from last year. Vinyl is up by just 3.1%.
- Is this a picture of the iPhone 8?
- More research on how music affects the brain.
- People are already making recommendations for what entertainment Trump should book for his second inauguration.
- Soulja Boy hit with some gun charges. Chris Brown smirks. (Via Tom)
- Iranian hip hop in farsi.