Published on January 27th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Happy birthday, Mike Patton. You’re 47.
- Pras of the Fugees wants to get a diaper-wearing pop star elected president of Haiti. And you though Canadian politics was messed up…
- Think you know your song lyrics sexual innuendo? Take this test.
- Mike Tyson is a guest performer on the upcoming Madonna album. Yes, that Mike Tyson.
- Notice which musicians made the BBC’s “Most Influential Briton” list.
- Let’s revisit this idea of “No Pop,” shall we?
- Paul McCartney isn’t producing all of Kanye’s next album.
- Is Rock Band (the video came) about to make a big comeback?
- A brewery offered Noel Gallagher a lifetime supply of beer in exchange doing just one thing.
- Morrissey tells a fan he has Ebola. (He doesn’t, really. He just didn’t want to sign an autograph.)
- This Girl Scout looks suspiciously like Justin Bieber. (Via Tom)
- Norwegian music sales rise 11% thanks to streaming. Wait–what?
- A Harley once owned by Jerry Lee Lewis just sold for $380,000 USD.
- Wait: Sunrise Records is opening a new store? Yep. In Timmins. (Via FYI Music News)
- Here’s an interesting story on how musicians are coming up with original ways to make money.