Random Music News for Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Back to work. I know, I know. The first week of January is always THE WORST. Still, we must trudge on. Here’s some music news.
- The Canadian killed in the Istanbul club massacre has been identified as Alaa Al-Muhandis of Milton, Ontario.
- Bruce Springsteen thinks Donald Trump is mentally incompetent to be president.
- Meanwhile, a marching band from a black college is being criticized for accepting an invitation to play at the inauguration.
- Who owns the guitar Kurt Cobain played on the MTV Unplugged special? The case is ugly–and it’s going to court.
- Of Monsters and Men frontman Austin Carlile has stepped down from the band due to health reasons.
- Fifty percent of the Doors will reunite for a 50th anniversary celebration. (The other 50 % is dead.)
- George Michael left behind a pretty impressive gallery of homes.
- Are these the greatest guitar riffs of all time? Discuss.
- Looking for a name for your band? There are plenty of possibilities in this report on Russian hacking.
- More than 60 people were injured in a stampede at an Australian music festival.
- Pinball punk.