Published on June 6th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Happy birthday, mom! And now, the music news for June 6.
- Was Prince given the wrong drug in hours before he died?
- Bass player overdoes it with the edibles and nearly stabs himself to death.
- Things are back to normal with Liam and Noel. Our Kid is dissing Noel for not showing up at the One Love Manchester show.
- Canada weekly music sales numbers (all figures relative to a year ago): total albums, -17.8%; CDs, -12%; digital albums, -25%; digital tracks, -20%; vinyl, -10.6%. Meanwhile, streaming is up by 89.5%.
- An Iggy Pop/Josh Homme movie? Yep.
- Looking to drive traffic to your online article on music? You need to know this about Facebook.
- The disappearing computer is going to start disappearing even faster.
- Calgary now has an instrument lending library, a first for Alberta.
- It’s time’s to start connecting a car’s infotainment system properly to the back seat.
- Gregg Allman’s funeral was a jeans only event.
- Podcasts are offering competition to streaming.
- Speaking of which, there’s a push to make podcast audio sound better.
- The upcoming SpongeBob musical features a David Bowie song. And the Flaming Lips are heading to Broadway. Both stories here.
- A famous recording studio is rotting away on the island of Monseratt in the Caribbean.