Published on November 22nd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, November 22, 2016
JFK day. And now, the music news.
- Here’s a fun story on branding radio stations “The Edge.”
- Let’s review some predictions made about digital music for 2016. How many of these came true?
- Spotify’s new US HQ might be in the new World Trade Centre.
- In case you need some honky tonk Rolling Stones today…
- More scalper bot problems, this time in Australia. Adele tickets posted for sale for $5,000 BEFORE they go on sale to the public.
- The UK is being blanketed by all-Christmas music stations.
- We have Cancon. Ukraine will soon have Ukecon.
- Why is Van Morrison still touring? Because he needs the money.
- Reader Blind Gordie is obsessed with (a) The Simpsons; and (b) Metallica. Today he combines them together.
- Brian Johnson of AC/DC has appeared on a post-AC/DC song.
- The Presidents of the United States of America have officially broken up. Was it something Trump said?
- A new Soundgarden album? Probably not until the end of next year.
- How about this: Sabbath’s “Iron Man” with different lyrics.
- Kanye has wisely cancelled the rest of his tour dates. This could cost him $10 million. Or more.
- Maybe he had a nervous breakdown.
- Here’s a phone app that helps the hard-of-hearing.