Published on November 25th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, November 25, 2014
It was 30 years ago today that the original “Do They Know It’s Christmas” was recorded.
- There’s now a book by Gene Simmons on how to be Gene Simmons. Oddly, the word “asshole” doesn’t seem to be in the title.
- There’s a reason why high-status high-power people can have such boring voices.
- The latest band to benefit from placement in an Apple commercial is Bleachers.
- Speaking of Apple, they’re launching a huge Project (RED) campaign.
- Remember the piano from the movie Casablanca? It’s just been sold for $3.4 million US.
- Sting’s Broadway show isn’t doing so well, so he’s decided to join the cast to show ’em how it’s done.
- Amy Adams has been cast to play Janis Joplin in a new bio-pic.
- Here’s how to use your favourite band to create a strong password. Hey, anything to make it easier, right?
- Not that we Canadians care much for American Thanksgiving (outside of the shopping, of course) but here’s a mixtape to stuff turkeys by. Maybe you can save it for Christmas.
- Speaking of shopping, here are some gift suggestions for the hip hop fans on your list.
- And still with shopping, here’s a handy guide from Give the Gift of Music.
- The American Music Awards had huge ratings–on Twitter, anyway.
- System of a Down has announced a world tour. (No, really!) Why? To mark the 100th anniversary of the Armenian genocide.
- Remembering Freddie Mercury through Queen’s music videos.
- Are some musician just too good for people to listen to?