Random Music News for Tuesday, October 18, 2016
It took six hours to get from Palm Springs to LA because of rain, traffic, construction and assorted free range freeway idiots. Then a flight was missed, a standby opportunity snuffed and a red eye confirmed. Thank God for dark roast coffee today. And now, some music news…
- Bob Dylan won’t return calls from the Nobel Prize people.
- Winston from Mumford & Sons just got married to Glee actress Dianna Agron.
- The Long Island nightclub disaster memorial is not coming together as planned.
- Nice of Tay-Tay to donate all that money to Lousiana flood relief.
- Prince is a Vikings fan? Isn’t he still, like, you know, dead?
- An electric guitar isn’t the only instrument that can kill you.
- He’s suing over a writing credit for “I Don’t Like Mondays” now?
- Just in time for Halloween, the Lady Gaga zombie doll.
- Another fine collection of Noel Gallagher insults.
- A 34,000 square foot “guitar mansion” in Alabama is up for sale again. Just $4 million, too.
- Maybe celebrity pot endorsements are actually bloody essential…
- This shrimp–like, a SHRIMP shrimp–can make sound with light…
- …and this cat can sing.
- Someone tries to get one of the first-ever MP3 players to work–18 years after it was released.
- Music messaging apps: We all need to pay attention to this.
- This Harvest Picnic situation (and lawsuit) in Hamilton seems to be devolving further.