Random Music News for Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Off to Nashville this afternoon for the big RAB conference. Music news reports will come from there for the rest of the week.
- Is this guy from the Philippines the new singer for Stone Temple Pilots?
- If you add up last week’s sales of all the albums in the American Top 200, you come up with a number less than one million (986,974, to be exact).
- Meanwhile here in Canada, album sales are down 20.9% from this time last year.
- Do you have a new iPhone 7? Does it HISS?
- And can your new iPhone 7 survive being frozen for 17 hours in a block of Coca-Cola? Someone tested that.
- Here’s a potential problem with eliminating the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 that no one is talking about.
- Ever wonder why we say “Roger that” when we acknowledge something? Here’s why.
- Take a look at Michael Jacket’s youngest, Bigi (formerly known as Blanket) Jackson today.
- Science can tell us which animals like which kind of music. (Dogs like classical? Really?) (Via Andrew)
- Emo band writes new album after they almost died in a van crash. This should be cheery.
- Bowie’s The Man Who Fell to Earth will soon be re-released. Here’s what the cinematographer has to say about it.
- Crowded House is reuniting for a couple of shows at the Sydney Opera House. It’s been 20 years since the played together.
- Germany is considering to make it law that all radio receivers sold after 2019 come without FM. It’s a move to increase adoption of DAB.
- Now that Green Day has pulled out of their World Cup of Hockey gig in Toronto because of illness, Lenny Kravitz has agreed to sub in for the show on Friday.
- Ford has announced that Bang & Olufsen audio gear will start appearing in their vehicles very soon. Cooooooool.