Random Music News for Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Sixty years ago today, the first-ever Boeing 707 took flight. It was the true beginning of the jet age. And now, the music news for December 20.
- This is NOT how you should listen to “Jingle Bells.”
- How about some Christmas songs done in the style of the Twin Peaks soundtrack?
- Linkin Park performing with a hologram of Chester Bennington? “Never!” they say.
- Morrissey says he was interviewed by the Secret Service over some Donald Trump comments.
- An idea whose time has come: Cell phone glass that heals itself.
- The biggest major label in the world just got bigger.
- Taylor Swift’s new app has been invaded by Trump trolls and various flavours of homophobes. What’s wrong with people?
- Looking at Canadian music sales vs. this time last year: Total album, -16.8%; digital albums, -23%; physical albums, -12.7%; CDs, -14.6%; vinyl, +23.5%; streaming, +72.4%.
- Sometimes a spelling mistake on a record label can mean big, BIG dollars.
- Someone has done a documentary on the buskers of Toronto. Here’s the trailer.