Published on February 28th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, February 28, 2018
On this day in 1993–25 years ago–a show called The Ongoing History of New Music ran for the first time. I’m currently working on episode 817. And in other music news for February 28, 2018…
- Remembering when Coldplay was so new, they played in a cafe to an audience of four people.
- A demo made by a 17-year-old Amy Winehouse has shown up online.
- Wow. The price of collectible vinyl is going through the roof.
- Ryan Seacrest is having a #MeToo moment.
- Madonna doesn’t think much of the way modern pop songs are written. I gotta agree with Madge on this one.
- Prince’s estate has struck a merchandising deal with the Minnesota Twins. Weird.
- Apple might be on the verge of offering “the biggest iPhone ever.”
- So how is Apple doing with its HomePod speaker? Pretty well, actually.
- Has your password been stolen? Try this tool.
- George Clinton has a thing or two to say about cultural appropriation.
- People are working with machines to write new K-pop songs. Oh, dear.
- Do you have a tech addiction? Then maybe you want to look at something like this. (Via Larry)
- Wait: Barbra Streisand cloned her dog?
- Here’s how many session guitarists work today.
- A couple of Japanese porn stars have joined a K-pop band. (Via Tom)
- How can Apple Music be improved? Here are 17 ways.
- Are you hoping to make money as a YouTube star? Read this first.