Random Music News for Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Too much coffee this morning. WAAAAAYYY too much.
- A “holy grail” acoustic Gibson was found in a Waterloo, Ontario, music store. (Via Larry)
- The apes are coming for us. I’m certain of it now.
- Liam Gallagher is probably still very happy that he’s rid of Patsy Kensit.
- Rihanna and Leo DiCaprio are an item? Maybe.
- Gary Glitter’s creepy hideousness continues.
- The BBC is looking for cash to save their sound library.
- So, Tool, how’s it going with recording that new album? Oh, really?
- Macklemore was on Sesame Street with Oscar the Grouch.
- Interesting theory: Did WKRP in Cincinnati give birth to classic rock radio?
- Bonarroo headliners including Deadmau5, Mumford & Sons and Billy Joel. Wait–what?
- Is this radio ad too sexy for radio?
- AC/DC will play the Grammys–minus drummer Phil Rudd.
- Five insane songs by artists who are normally quite rational. (Via Greggory)
- A Bluetooth turntable? Why not?