Random Music News for Wednesday, January 7, 2015
The cleaning lady showed up for the first time in six weeks this morning. Let’s just say that I feel shame.
- Here’s a cool look at rock stars of the 1970s posing with their parents. Sweet, actually. (Via Tom)
- The brand new Sony Walkman costs $1,199.99 USD. You read that right. Hey, it’s more reasonable than the new $6,000 Lamborghini smartphone, which is really nothing more than a gussied up Android device. (Via Jason)
- What kind of music fan are you? Yeah, it’s a survey/quiz thing, but still… (Via Peter)
- Anyone up for a Metallica/Herbie Hancock mashup? (Via Tom again)
- They Might Be Giants relaunched their Dial-A-Song service again. Give them a call at (844) 387-6962.
- Monster, the headphone people, are suing Beats, Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine.
- A new live White Stripes album? Yep.
- Remember Lostprophets paedo sicko Ian Watkins? It gets worse.
- Here’s why I’m never, ever buying anything from Calvin Klein ever again.
- Accused murdered invokes The Slayer Defense, alleging the band’s music made him do it. Or something.
- Here’s an interesting read: after using Spotify for a while, what does it know about you?
- Katie Perry is allegedly planning to “ruin” her arch-nemesis Taylor Swift during her Super Bowl performance next month.
- In case you missed yesterday’s lineup for Coachella 2015, here it is. If you can’t be arsed to click through, I’ll just tell you that the headliners are AC/DC, Jack White and Drake.
- Noel Gallagher’s daughter is officially a professional model.