Published on July 5th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, July 5, 2017
There is NO productivity this week, is there? But isn’t that what summer is for? And now, music news for July 5.
- So what could the ripple effects be if SoundCloud is purchased by an existing streamer?
- Molly as a treatment for alcoholics? Maybe.
- A tech start-up wants to turn your mobile phone into a secure two-way radio.
- Sometimes, fame just runs in the family.
- Will the iPhone 8 get 3D face scanning? Maybe.
- I would NOT want this guy for a neighbour. I mean, I like loud music, but…
- Jay-Z’s 4:44 album, which is only available on Tidal, has been pirated more than a million times already.
- Some music streaming companies may be interested in buying SoundCloud.
- Breaking news! Ed Sheeran quits Twitter after being targeted by Trolls! Call Wolf Blitzer!
- New Neil Young, anyone?
- What about some new System of a Down? Oh, there’s nothing coming?
- Where do you view the news on your smartphone? If you’re like 32% of the world, it’s while on the toilet.
- Iron Maiden is about to launch a 6% beer.
- There’s a cool little Easter egg in the trailer for the new Spider-Man movie.
- Speaking of movies, streaming has saved the movie soundtrack.
- There still could be a musical based on Donald Trump.
- And here’s an update on Jagged Little Pill: The Musical.
- And Clint Eastwood is among the people being sued over the Jersey Boys musical.
- And Kylie and Kendall Jenner are being sued by The Doors over…wait–what?