Published on July 6th, 2016 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Wednesday, July 6, 2016
A postal strike? Meh. It’s not the threat it used to be. And now, music news.
- Twenty-five years ago, music was about to change forever. Here’s what I mean by that.
- Baton Rouge cops are under fire for fatally shooting a black man who was selling CDs outside a convenience store.
- Mumford & Sons say they are appalled by all the sexual violence at Sweden’s Bravalla Festival. Police say that there are now more than 40 cases under investigation.
- I love how this guy trolled a Facebook scammer with Adele lyrics. (Via Danny)
- Police in Texas have busted a huge ring of thieves whose speciality was boosting gear from touring bands.
- Conspiracy! Elvis Presley’s stepbrother says The King’s death “was no accident.”
- Pink Floyd has a new species of dragonfly named after them: the Robust Sparklewing Umma gumma.
- Some ancient Brian Johnson recordings may soon be heard.
- Vinyl sales are still doing well in Canada, up 38.7% for this year.
- I didn’t see this coming: Fans who take pictures at concerts may have more fun.
- Apparently Nicki Minaj’s wine is better than that of Angelina Jolie’s.
- Facebook Japan has rolled out a streaming music service.
- Interesting: young American pay more for music more than older ones.
- Ginger Baker has had open heart surgery. (Joke from people who know him: “He has a heart?”)
- Podcasting: it’s more of a thing than ever. Good.