Published on June 1st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, June 1, 2016
June? Already? Here’s your music news.
- Here’s how things work in the US when it comes to the music business. (Note: I’ve NEVER seen anything like this in Canada.)
- Whitney Houston’s estate is dealing with an $11 million tax bill.
- If you’re in a band, here’s an idea for a pretty cool t-shirt.
- Australia’s live music scene is in BIG trouble. Here’s why.
- An oral history of Toronto’s legendary dance club, Twilight Zone.
- And here’s a history of how the record industry went all pear-shaped.
- A Twenty One Pilots show was cut short for “safety reasons.”
- Gimme Danger, a documentary on the Stooges, looks really interesting.
- Can IBM’s Watson supercomputer make music with real emotion?
- Elton John didn’t get to meet with Vladimir Putin after all. Maybe later.
- Kraftwerk lost an important sampling case. (Via Tom)
- Rolling Stone Ron Wood is a new father to twins. And he’s 68. (Via Larry)
- Here’s video of Adele shaming someone for videoing her show.
- Want a look at Britney Spears’ Malibu beach house?
- Too soon? (Via Danny)