Published on June 22nd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, June 22, 2016
The days are now getting shorter. Just sayin’. And now, some music news.
- Funny: The Government of Nova Scotia accidentally Periscoped a concert by The Cure.
- More fun: Five 22 year-olds discuss Justin Bieber.
- If you’re going to film a music video featuring a guy in a ski mask with a rifle, you might want to tell someone first.
- An interesting look back on London’s Wag Club.
- So with all the changes to NXNE in Toronto this year, how did things go? Here’s a summary.
- Another story about Blink-182’s Tom DeLonge quitting the band to focus on UFO research.
- Canadian vinyl sales are still running 38% of last year. Overall physical album sales are down 14%.
- Here are nine (unlikely?) musicians with PhDs.
- Glastonbury got weird even before it started. A guy is dead.
- A spider silk violin? Okay…
- Apparently only 14% of the UK pays to use streaming music services.
- Interesting science: The Caribbean Sea “whistles.” And you can hear it from space.
- The first bit of unreleased Prince music since his death turned up in a Versace fashion show.
- Interesting: You can now press any song on SoundCloud onto a vinyl record.