Damn, thunderstorms are LOUD here in Singapore. Never heard thunder like this before. It was hard to concentrate on gathering music news.
- This classical musician collapsed and died onstage. Hey, you might as well go doing something you love.
- The Misfits decided to reunite after Bowie et al all began to die.
- This is why Eurovision is so awesome. The Russian guy who finished third was into gay fetish torture porn.
- Video of one of Lemmy’s last gigs with Motorhead is now available online.
- How to completely ruin a parade with a trumpet. (Via Danny)
- Weird Al promises no more Prince parodies. Out of respect, you know?
- Apple’s Tim Cook is in China, wooing local pop stars with Apple gear. The company really needs to jump start sales in that country.
- Okay, so it was a 24 stomach bug. The RHCP’s Anthony Kiedis looks just fine coming out of that LA sushi restaurant a day after the band had to cancel that big gig.
- Neil Young won’t let his own music be sold through his Pono music store–but he does allow it on Tidal. Weird.
Redtube(Sorry. Old habit.) YouTube Red, the company’s paid subscription service has launched in Australia, making it the second region to get it. (Video intro here.)