Published on November 15th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Hug your computer today. It was on this day in 1971 that Intel released the groundbreaking 4004 chip. And now, some music news for November 15.
- Eagles of Death metal played a surprise gig in Paris on the anniversary of the Bataclan massacre.
- A Spice Girls reunion: It’s gonna happen.
- ….and the Spice Girls reunion is off.
- Taylor Swift’s Reputation album has sold 1.05 million copies in the US in its first four days. It’s now America’s biggest selling album of the year. The four-day total for Canada is 65,000. Her no streaming strategy is paying off.
- More #MeToo fallout: Brand New and With Confidence.
- These are the last places on Earth with no Internet.
- Too many podcasts? You’re just not listening fast enough. Here’s what I mean by that.
- Are you a super-listener of podcasts? Compare yourself to these people.
- Apple’s HomePod still hasn’t been released but there are already rumours about HomePod 2.0.
- If you haven’t seen the Hip’s Long Time Running documentary yet, it’s just popped up on Netflix–at least on the American version. (Thanks to Dave the Beekeeper in Scranton)
- But beware: Watching Netflix can give you hemorrhoids.
- Eminem finally unloaded his Detroit home–but it cost him.
- What do you get when you cross Elvis and The Evil Dead? This.
- The manager of Metallica, the Chili Peppers and music, doesn’t like Justin Bieber very much. See?
- Spotify to start selling…makeup?
- We’ll soon be able to unlock our smartphones with our sweat. Wait–what?
- YouTube has made a deal with artists to sell concert tickets in America.
- Bad news: the vault where Prince kept all his tapes is full of mold.
- Well, I would have laughed at this.