Random Music News for Wednesday, October 11, 2017
On this day in 1994, Korn released their debut album. Was that the beginning of the whole nü-metal thing? Probably. Here’s what’s making news on October 11 of this year.
- Dave Matthews’ winery in Napa Valley has been evacuated because of the wildfires.
- Because it’s always fun to read an interview with Liam Gallagher, check out this feature in Vanity Fair.
- Keith Richards is selling a New York apartment for $12 million. I’m guessing it smells like smoke and black tar heroin.
- Sure, Jackie Chan is a legendary action star, but all he really wants to do is sing.
- For some reason, the battle over the FM chip (that Apple doesn’t include in iPhones anymore) continues.
- Liam Gallagher was answering questions on Reddit. Yes, it was as weird as you might guess.
- This streaming music service wants to pay artists in Bitcoin.
- Apple was going to do an Elvis biopic, but Harvey Weinstein was involved, so…
- Remember Sony’s robot dog, Aibo? He’s coming back as a smart speaker. (A woofer? Har, har…sorry.)
- This drum synth app comes with artificial intelligence.
- Google’s translation earbuds are going to start a really cool tech war.
- iPhone designer Jonny Ive says that we’re abusing our phones.
- Why are pop stars obsessed with touching their own faces? (Now that you mention it…)
- The science of Kimye.
- This person went blind and suddenly started hearing colours.
- This sounds like a fascinating book: Disadvantaged Populations And Technology In Music.
- Margaret Thatcher needed someone to brief her on punk. I would have loved to have been there for that meeting.