Published on October 19th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, October 19, 2016
It was on this day in 1987 when the Dow Jones went all squirrelly and everyone thought the world was ending. And now, some music news…
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale–now exes–have put their Beverly Hills home up for sale for $35 million.
- And Justin Bieber has rented a place in the UK for £108,000 ($173,000) a month.
- Would getting rid of the headphone jack help stop Samsung phones from blowing up? Maybe.
- NBC is working on an online interactive music competition they call The Stream.
- Why Phil Collins’ comeback could be very, very important to rock.
- Sex Pistol Steve Jones’ autobiography will be out in January. This should be interesting.
- Just in time for Halloween: Elvira vs. Elvis.
- Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars have been given a Diamond Award for “Uptown Funk” for selling 12,422,016 downloads and streaming the song 938,694,569 times. Vevo says the video has been viewed 1.9 billion times.
- The fascinating story behind the Suzanne Vega song, “Tom’s Diner.”
- Drake’s “Once Dance” is now the most-streamed song in the history of Spotify with 880 million streams.