Published on October 5th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, October 5, 2016
And how are we feeling today, Blue Jays fans? Let’s move away from baseball to talk about music news for a second…
- Allegation: Frances Bean Cobain is a hoarder who has made her house “virtually unlivable.”
- How the attitude of “good enough” is ruining music.
- The town in David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance” video is holding a festival in his honour.
- They’re common now, but here’s the the story of the first-ever “360 deal” in the music industry.
- Howard Manshein, a guy I grew up listening to on the radio in Winnipeg, is still going strong.
- Nunavut now has its first record label.
- Christmas is coming. Here are some of the box sets being prepared.
- This candle will make your room smell like a new Mac. Seriously.
- Rush’s Time Stands Still concert movie is coming to theatres for one night only before it goes out to DVD and Blu-Ray.
- Macklemore is going to talk opioid abuse with Barack Obama. For real.
- Hey, 90s kids: THIS sounds like an interesting album reissue.
- There’s now a street named in honour of The Ramones in Queens, the borough where they were born.
- The White Stripes aren’t happy that Donald Trump is using “Seven Nation Army” in a campaign video.
- Streaming of Oasis songs is up 73% in the UK since the premiere of the new documentary, Supersonic.