Published on September 21st, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Wednesday, September 21, 2016
I woke up in Nashville. I seem to be here for the NAB/RAB Radio Show. I’d better get moving–but not before I get to the music news of the day.
- Hang on: Rush might not be done after all.
- What a bunch of asshole douchebags.
- Bowie’s art collection is going on display in LA. I’d LOVE to see this.
- Weezer’s Pinkerton album has been certified platinum just eight days before its 20th anniversary.
- Elton John is apparently thinking of retiring from recording.
- Interesting: How do you say “disc jockey” in Indonesian?
- Another streaming service: iHeartMedia is getting into the game.
- Courtney Love and Frances Bean are together at Fashion Week in London.
- Could it be? Apple Music has only 2% of the streaming music market in the US?
- Still mourning the loss of the headphone jack on the iPhone 7? Here’s a list of all the other things Apple has killed.
- What does the end of the headphone jack mean for high-end headphones?
- And what does the pro audio industry have to say about the death of the headphone jack? Here’s a selection of comments.
- Fight about this: The eight best guitar riffs of 2016 so far. (Beyonce is on the list. Seriously.)
- Is Drake a better rapper than Tupac and Biggie combined?
- Remember Terry Jacks (“Seasons in the Sun”) and his former partner Susan Jacks (The Poppy Family)? They’re both having some serious medical issues. Send them some good karma.
- Airbnb and SONOS now offers an opportunity to sleep overnight in a record store.