Random Music News for Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Did I mention that pumpkin spice lattes and muffins are back? And now, the music news for September 6.
- Facebook is apparently offering labels and publishers hundreds of millions of dollars to jump-start their move into music.
- Do you get goosebumps when you listen to music? If so, science says you’re more in touch with your emotions than people who don’t react this way.
- Queen’s News of the World is getting a massive 40th-anniversary reissue.
- This guy went skydiving totally nude. Playing a violin. No one knows why.
- Here are six movie soundtracks with cool Easter eggs. (Via Andrew)
- Wanna help crowdfund a new Lemmy statue?
- The mother of Chanie Wenjack has died. He, of course, was the subject of Gord Downie’s Secret Path project.
- This is a fantastic look at the technology that went into U2’s Joshua Tree 30 tour. Wow. When bands as big as U2 finally disappear, will we ever see the likes of this again? (Via Michael)
- Interesting: Mercedes-Benz is offering a free year of Tidal HiFi to select customers.
- The telethon for Hurricane Harvey is in the works. Oprah and Beyonce will be there.
- Usher accuser talks sex toys.
- If you’re in the mood for a weird fetish Snapchat exchange with Justin Bieber, click here.
- FedEx doesn’t believe Madonna is Madonna. (Via Tom)
- You gotta admit that Rami Malek makes a pretty good Freddie Mercury.