Random Music for Saturday, May 7, 2016
Vladimir Putin became president of Russia on this day in 2000. He’ll celebrate by eating an entire bear. And now, the music news.
- That Stones-McCartney-Roger Waters-Dylan-Neil Young-The Who show in the desert this fall could gross $100 million.
- The Beatles’ “Hey Jude” has just been licensed for use in a Chinese movie. That’s never happened before.
- Sinead O’Connor has been sued by Arsenio Hall over comments she made about him and Prince. No, that’s not a headline from 1989. (Via Tom)
- Speaking of lawsuits: Beiber’s beer bong problem.(Tom again)
- Nice touch, Glastonbury.
- The entire Pink Floyd catalogue will soon be available on vinyl for the first time in two decades.
- And Sublime is getting the vinyl reissue treatment.
- Wait: a Talking Heads reunion? Really? No. Not really.
- Motorhead has a new cider. Lemmy would approve.
- Warner is the latest major to say that streaming is making then more money than recorded music.
- DJ Kool Herc has sued the producers of HBO’s Vinyl for..something.
- There’s now a court ruling that says anyone who claims to be a Prince relative has to undergo genetic testing.