Published on May 7th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music for Saturday, May 7, 2016
Vladimir Putin became president of Russia on this day in 2000. He’ll celebrate by eating an entire bear. And now, the music news.
- That Stones-McCartney-Roger Waters-Dylan-Neil Young-The Who show in the desert this fall could gross $100 million.
- The Beatles’ “Hey Jude” has just been licensed for use in a Chinese movie. That’s never happened before.
- Sinead O’Connor has been sued by Arsenio Hall over comments she made about him and Prince. No, that’s not a headline from 1989. (Via Tom)
- Speaking of lawsuits: Beiber’s beer bong problem.(Tom again)
- Nice touch, Glastonbury.
- The entire Pink Floyd catalogue will soon be available on vinyl for the first time in two decades.
- And Sublime is getting the vinyl reissue treatment.
- Wait: a Talking Heads reunion? Really? No. Not really.
- Motorhead has a new cider. Lemmy would approve.
- Warner is the latest major to say that streaming is making then more money than recorded music.
- DJ Kool Herc has sued the producers of HBO’s Vinyl for..something.
- There’s now a court ruling that says anyone who claims to be a Prince relative has to undergo genetic testing.