I’ve discovered a new character flaw. I’ve developed an irrational reaction when I see someone wearing two different socks. For no logical reason, it really, really bothers me. Obviously, I should seek help–but not until after I deal with music news for June 27, 2023.
- People are going to talk about Elton John’s Glastonbury performance for years. Go here and here to see what I mean.
- Meanwhile, at Hellfest… (Via Sean)
- This guy stole US$23 million in YouTube music royalties. He’s going to jail. (Via Andrew)
- Maybe we should get serious about Dolby ATMOS as the future of music. (Hey, I’m for it.)
- Meghan Markle: “Will you be on my podcast?” Taylor Swift; “No.”
- A couple in Langley, BC, has been awarded a big settlement after they sued their neighbour for playing loud music.
- Pop star fight!
- The contract The Beatles signed upon their breakup is going up for auction.
- What could be “the most important cassette in the world?” This.
- This Guns N’ Roses song inspired multiple murders. Seriously.
- Here’s a new way some Toronto rappers are using AI for inspiration.
- Here’s a scary list of artists who were attacked/assaulted while on stage.
- What’s the future of the internet? More than 300 experts weigh in with some predictions.
- Rivers Cuomo, being honest about Weezer.
BONUS: Wow. Just…wow.
BONUS BONUS: Nice one, kid! (Via Rick J)