4 thoughts on “Remember Blue October? Here’s a New Single

• July 16, 2013 at 12:33 pm

No question. I never understood why this band was not huge. We see a lot of that. Blue October has an endless array of truly wonderful songs. Powerful, creative. If you don't know their catalogue, check them out.

• July 16, 2013 at 4:23 pm

The album with "Hate Me" (Approaching Normal) was pretty good and was a decent successor to several worthy albums, but they followed that up with a painfully whiny and annoying album which I am attempting to forget. I have no idea if it was any good musically, I couldn't stand to listen to it long enough to find out… this could be part of their problem, since that is the reaction I've gotten a few times when I've recommended their music to others. I'm hoping they restore my faith in them with the new album… musically they have something, maybe when they mature a bit….

• July 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Of course we remember! They're one of the (if not THE) best band of their generation and have been touring and producing nonstop since 1997. Absolutely one of the best bands on the planet.

• July 16, 2013 at 4:34 pm

note: the song "Hate Me" was on an album called "Foiled" (2006). "Approaching Normal" was their following album (2009). Their best albums in my opinion are "Consent to Treatment" (2000) and "History for Sale" (2004). For first-time listeners, I recommend "Argue With a Tree…" (2004) which is a live concert album/dvd which features songs primarily from these two albums. Their live unplugged album "Ugly Side" (2011) is fantastic as well. As a live band, there are few others who can hold a candle to them.

Let us know what you think!