The chronological march of reissues drawing on the Rush catalogue has reached 1980’s Permanent Waves. Come March 27, fans will have a chance to grab the Super Deluxe edition. It includes:
- New cover artwork
- CD 1: The album itself, remastered at Abbey Road
- CD 2: LOADS of outtakes and live tracks from the Permanent Waves World Tour.
- LPs: The same material (on 180-gram vinyl, of course) spread over three discs plus this recording made in Manchester.
The non-musical content includes:
- Official Permanent Waves World Tour 1980 Program
- The Words & Pictures Volume II – U.K. Tour Program (very rare)
- 3 Neil Peart handwritten lyric sheet lithos
- 3 band member backstage laminates
- Le Studio 20-page notepad (from the Quebec studio where the album was recorded)
- Double-sided 24″ x 36″ poster
- 40-page hardcover book with new artwork from designer Hugh Syme, unreleased photos from the Rush archive, and a special 12,000-word essay.
Gotta have this one for my collection. After all, it features “The Spirit of Radio.”