Here are the facts:
- Apple still hasn’t said what they’re going to do with Beats, although it’s been reported that Trent Reznor is rebuilding the streaming service from scratch.
- iTunes Radio still isn’t available outside the US. Besides, it hasn’t exactly set the world on fire, has it?
- Apple hired DJ Zane Lowe away from the BBC to do…something in Cupertino.
- The company is also apparently paying music journalists to write copy for thousands and thousands of curated playlists. No one I know was approached.
- And rumours are that when Apple releases iOS 8.4 (we’re currently on 8.3), there will be a major overhaul of some kind to Apple Music–but Beats won’t be part of it.
- However, Apple announced this morning the dates of their annual World Wide Developers Conference for this June in San Francisco. We should hear something then, right?