is an internationally known broadcaster, interviewer, writer, consultant, blogger and speaker. In his 40+ years in the music business, Alan has interviewed the biggest names in rock, from David Bowie and U2 to Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters. He’s also known as a musicologist and documentarian through programs like The Ongoing History of New Music.

4 thoughts on “Something Fans of the Old Days of CFNY

• March 30, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Pete and Geets do not factor into my memories of CFNY at all (but now that I see their names I do remember them)

• April 3, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Pete and Geets were the GREATEST radio duo ever! The bits they did were amazing. The music like
    Ivar Biggun's the cockerel song and the winker's song. Having a piece of Toast (do not remember who did the song.) Met them a few times and they seemed to be just the happiest crazy guys you could ever hang out with. One of my favourite memories of CFNY-THE SPIRIT OF RADIO.Thanks for the flashback.

• September 3, 2016 at 8:00 pm

YOU must be the Larry Bates who spearheaded the most significant movement that the CRTC has EVER experienced.
      Thank you Larry, from all of us who cared so much, and knew how much we had to lose, and did. You are a champ!!

• September 3, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Thanks so much Allan. I really miss those guys, and ALL that CFNY was. I was living in LA and had a friend mail down 110 minute cassettes so I could listen!! When I move down to LA I thought, hey, if this (CFNY) is what Toronto has, then southern California must be REALLY great!! HAH. WHat a disappointment.
    What CFNY had, which no internet or otherwise radio has had like since, is personalities.
    You all were the BEST.