Spotify has just announced that it’s expanding its chart offering. There’s a new Charts website, which sounds interesting. You can still access song, album, country, viral, and global charts, but now there are new rankings for artist and genre plus about 200 city and local charts.
All this adds up to loads more data, credits, and a new Spotify for Artists Promo Card, which makes it easier for creators to promote their stuff.
Breaking things down:
- Genre Charts: A weekly ranking of the top 200 songs from 17 different genres.
- Artist Charts: This allows an artist to look at how all the songs in their catalogue are doing. A full report covering 65 markets comes out every Friday.
- City and Local Charts: What’s happening with songs in over 200 cities around the world.
- Chart Data and Songwriter/Producer Credits: Really granular information about chart performance. And it’s nice to see an expansion of virtual liner notes.
- Promo Cards: Shareable stuff to help promote what you’re doing and what you’ve accomplished.
Here’s the kind of thing Spotify is talking about.