The Kitchn and I are on similar missiosn. They want to taste-test liquor endorsed by various celebrities, including some musicians, as to do I. Here’s their list annotated with my personal reviews:
- Francis Coppola – Coppola Chardonnay (I’ve had it; I’m a fan.)
- Drew Barrymore – Barrymore Pinot Grigio (Never tried it.)
- Dave Matthews – Dreaming Tree Crush (Dave Matthews will never get any of my money for anything.)
- Fergie – Voli Vodka (See above.)
- Dan Aykroyd – Crystal Head Vodka (Very good. Save the bottle.)
- George Clooney – Casamigos Tequila (It’s…okay.)
- Sammy Hagar of Van Halen – Cabo Wabo Tequila (Expensive, but good.)
- Kenny Chesney – Blue Chair Bay Rums (White, Coconut, and Spiced Coconut) (I prefer straight amber rums.)
- Pharrell Williams – Qream Peach Liquore (Memories of peach schnapps from the 80s.)
- Marilyn Manson – Mansinthe Absinthe (Excellent!)
See The Kitchn’s opinions here. I can also had the following:
- Brad and Angelina – Côtes de Provence Rosé Miraval: I’m not a fan of rosé, but this is spectacular, In fact, it was recently named the best rosé in the world.
- Maynard James Keenan – Caduseusa 2010 Paciencia Arizona red table wine: Fantastic.
I’m still kicking myself for not buying a bottle of Bruce Willis vodka during a trip to Poland a couple of years ago. I’m sure it was…fine.
Anything else you’d like to add to the list? (Spirits and wines only, please. The beer category is so big it deserves a post on its own.)