Meh. This looks like just another run-of-the-mill festival.
This summer will mark the 50th anniversary of the original Woodstock. Given that there were 25th- and 30th-anniversary gigs, it makes total sense that this can be milked at least one more time.
After some delays and some
If the poster is a little blurry, the event will feature
- Dead & Company (The Grateful Dead played in ’69, didn’t they?)
- Black Keys
- David Crosby & Friends (CSN was there in ’69)
- Chance the Rapper
- Miley Cyrus
- Country Joe and the Fish (Another alumnus of ’69)
- Imagine Dragons
- John Fogerty (CCR was there in ’69)
- The Raconteurs
- Robert Plant
- Melanie (’69 veteran)
- Run the Jewels
- Gary Clark Jr.
- Cage the Elephant
- Greta Van Fleet
- Janelle Monae
- Brandi Carlile
- Santana (He was there in ’69)
- Margo Price
- Sturgill Simpson
- Portugal the Man
- Canned Heat (Another ’69 performer)
- Bishop Briggs
- Pussy Riot
- Courtney Barnett
- Leon Bridges
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes,
- Young the Giant
- The Zombies
Want to volunteer for the weekend? Go here.
I was on Global News Radio 640 talking about this, too.