With the new album Tranquillity Base & Casino coming May 11, the Arctic Monkeys are also planning a tour. And because they hate scalpers and the way tickets inevitably end up on the secondary market for inflated prices, the band has come up with a plan that they hope what the Brits call “touting.”
From the Monkeys’ website:
SEPTEMBER 2018 LIVE DATES – ANTI-TOUTING MEASURES
Tickets go on sale for our Live dates in September 2018 at 9am on Friday 13th April.
- We will be undertaking the below measures to prevent tickets being resold on secondary ticket sites.
- These tickets will be NAMED. This means the surname of the Lead Booker(PURCHASER) will be printed on ALL tickets. The name WILL NOT be changed once the booking has been made.
- If more than 1 ticket has been purchased, each guest in the party MUST arrive with the Lead Booker(PURCHASER) at the venue on the night of the show. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away.
- All Ticket Purchasers need to bring a VALID PHOTO ID which matches the Lead Booker(PURCHASER) surname on the tickets. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS YOU WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY.
- These tickets will IMMEDIATELY BECOME INVALID if resold OR OFFERED FOR SALE unless the sale is through our OFFICIAL FACE-VALUE resale partner, TWICKETS.
- This ticket is sold by the Promoters directly to the Consumer(PURCHASER). Any tickets purchased by business or traders in breach of the Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sale will be CANCELLED.
- Ticket sales are limited to a maximum of 4 tickets per person.
- For the avoidance of doubt the ONLY official ticket sellers for these shows are:
LONDON THE O2 – ONLINE & PHONE ONLY
BIRMINGHAM ARENA – ONLINE & PHONE ONLY
MANCHESTER ARENA- ONLINE & PHONE ONLY
SHEFFIELD FLYDSA ARENA – ONLINE & PHONE ONLY
NEWCASTLE METRO RADIO ARENA- ONLINE & PHONE ONLY
DUBLIN 3ARENA – ONLINE & PHONE ONLY
DO NOT PURCHASE TICKETS FROM ANY OTHER OUTLETS – THESE TICKETS WILL BE CANCELLED.
Age Restrictions for these shows are as follows:
Standing: 16+ (ALL DATES)
Seated: U14 accompanied by an adult (Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Newcastle)
U15 accompanied by an adult (London)
U16 accompanied by an adult (Dublin)
We wish ’em luck. Here’s a trailer for the album.