Back in July, I received an email from Tara:
The reason I am emailing is because I need your help. My boyfriend and I (I know that sounds like the start of a Dear Abbey column, but bear with me) have been trying for a baby…and I think we might be on the right track. We are also huge music lovers, we catch live shows whenever we can, traveling just about anywhere good tunes will take us.
I am looking to break the good news to him with by presenting him with a “mixtape” cd of songs that are all about fatherhood…problem…only a few come to mind.
So I sent here a playlist:
- Father and Son/Cat Stevens
- Oh Daddy/Adrian Belew
- Father Mother Son/The Scream
- Daddy’s Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car/U2
- Julia/The Beatles
- Don’t Wake Daddy/Tragically Hip
- A Boy Named Sue/Johnny Cash
- My Father’s Eyes/Eric Clapton
- Papa Was a Rolling Stone/Temptations (Not entirely sure about this one…)
- Independence Day/Bruce Springsteen
- Beautiful Boy/John Lennon
- Hey Jude/Beatles
Apparently, it worked out well. The boyfriend loved the tape and was thrilled with the news. And this little guy has already been to see Springsteen (five times!) and Florence + the Machine–in utereo, yes, but it’s never too early to start, right?