Record Store Day has always been on the third Saturday of April, but that was killed this year by the coronavirus. Instead, there will be three RSDs, one each in August, September, and October. The good news is that the delay has given labels and artists to come up with even more special limited edition releases.
The official list for the August 28 edition of RSD is coming up and some of the lists are enormous. These links will give you spreadsheets of what’s coming.
Here are a few things that caught my eye:
- Black Keys, “Let’s Rock” (45 RPM edition)
- The Cure, Seventeen Secods
- The Cure, Bloodflowers
- Judas Priest, British Steel (40th anniversary edition)
- Bob Marley, “Redemption Song” 12-inch
- Motorhead, “Ace of Spaces” 12-inch
- Pogues, BBC Sessions 1984-85
- Iggy Pop, Kiss My Blood (Live in Paris 1991)
- Lou Reed and John Cale, Songs for Drella
- U2, “11 O’Clock Tick Tock” (40th anniversary edition) 12-inch
- Roger Waters, The Wall Live in Berlin (2 x LP)
- The Who, Odds and Sods (Deluxe) (2 x LP)
To find a participating store near you, go here.