Published on May 24th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
The Ongoing History of New Music, Encore Presentation: Health Issues of Musicians
Let’s face it: we’re just bags of water with some chemicals mixed in. The squishy bits that make up the human body are prone to all sorts of issues. Rock stars are no different. This episode looks at some of the health issues some famous alt-rockers have had to deal with. We’re talking accidents, disease, and genetic issues. Oh, what fun we’ll have.
Songs heard on this show:
Foo Fighters, Monkey Wrench
Billy Talent, This Is How It Goes
U2, The Miracle of Joey Ramone
Bif Naked, Spaceman (Acoustic)
Edwyn Collins, A Girl Like You
The Vines, Get Free
Eric Wilhite has created this playlist for us.
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday night at 7
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- Power 97/Winnipeg (Sunday nights at 11)
- Rock 97.7/Grand Prairie – Sunday nights at 6.
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver
- WAPS/WKTL The Summit/Arkon, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown The show runs at 11 am Sunday. This, by the way, is a great option for American listeners who are prevented from listening to the show live because of geo-blocking,
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.
If you ever miss a show, you can always get the podcast edition available through Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your on-demand audio.