[Three more shows of summer repeats before we get to new programs in the fall. Here’s how we’ll end the summer of 2020. – AC]
A couple of years back, I was invited to 606 Studios, which is the headquarters of all things Foo Fighters. It’s the House of Foo.
This is where the group rehearses and records. It’s where they have band meetings and place where they store a lot of their stuff (and they have a lot.) As the interview unfolded with all five guys, there was no question that they were a band of brothers. There’s no other way to describe them.
Me: I’ve seen you guys many times and I’m struck by how much fun you seem to be having on stage:
Taylor Hawkins: Are you kidding? They pay us millions of dollars to fly around the world playing rock’n’roll! Of course we’re having fun!
Dave Grohl just sat there with a big smile on his face. He knows he’s amongst the luckiest humans alive. Sure, he’s talented and ambitions, but so many other things completely become his control had to go right for his life to turn out the way they have.
Dave’s career has been extremely well-documented, but there still might be a number of things that you don’t know about him–especially from the early, early days. Let’s dig into that, shall we?
Songs hear on this show:
- Foo Fighters, Learn to Fly (Live)
- Fugazi, Waiting Room
- Foo Fighters, Planet Claire (live)
- Naked Raygun, Swingo (Demo)
- Mission Impossible, Helpless
- Dain Bramage, The Log
- Scream, Hit Me
- Scream, Gods Look Down
Eric Wilhite has created this playlist.
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday at 7 pm
- Q107/Toronto – Sunday at 9 pm
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener – Sunday at 8p pm
- Big Kingston – Saturday and Sunday at 11 pm
- The Wolf, Peterborough – Sunday at 8 pm
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- Power 97/Winnipeg – Sunday at 8 am
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver – Sunday at 11 pm
- WAPS/WKTL The Summit/Arkon, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown The show runs at 11 am Sunday. This, by the way, is a great option for American listeners who are prevented from listening to the show live because of geo-blocking,
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.
If you ever miss a show, you can always get the podcast edition available through Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your on-demand audio.