The Ongoing History of New Music, Episode 740: Scott Weiland, Part 1
Even before Scott Weiland died on December 3, plans for an Ongoing History show on him was in the works. What began as a single hour-long episode turned into two and then three. Once you hear part one–which only follows Scott up until the release of the first Stone Temple Pilots album–you’ll understand why. The man lived a hard and difficult life. And much of his issues were definitely self-inflicted.
This week’s playlist:
- Stone Temple Pilots, “Creep” (MTV Unplugged version)
- Stone Temple Pilots, “Big Band Baby”
- Stone Temple Pilots, “Sex-Type Thing”
- Stone Temple Pilots, “Vasoline”
- Mighty Joe Young, “Only Dying”
- Mighty Joe Young, “Dirty Dog”
- Stone Temple Pilots, “Plush”
- Stone Temple Pilots, “Wicked Garden”
- Stone Temple Pilots, “Crackerman”
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11 with archives show Tuesday and Wednesday at midnight.
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- The Drive/Kingston
- 98.1 The Bridge/Lethbridge – Saturday night at 6, Sunday morning at 10am
- Rock 97.7/Grand Prairie – Sunday nights at 6.
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- Live 105/Halifax
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Vancouver, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.
If you’re in the US and you want to stream the show, I wish I could help. A performing rights organization called SESAC has made threatening noises about suing non-American radio stations who dare stream into the US without paying crazy fees. Most Canadian broadcasters had no choice but to geo-block their streams. But hey, if you know of an American station that would like to take the show, contact me and we’ll make it a priority.
As for posting playlists from the program, is everyone okay if we start using Spotify when Rdio goes away? Suggestions welcome.
Anyone else? Love to hear from you. Just email me at [email protected].
One thought on “The Ongoing History of New Music, Episode 740: Scott Weiland, Part 1”
Hey Alan. Any idea when the three Scott Weiland episodes will air again? I missed them and definatetly want to hear your take on his life, and career.