The human body can be both very strong and very fragile. Given its complexity, it generally works pretty well. But there are those among us who face challenges because of various disabilities.
Some of these are generic. Others come as the result of accideents, trauma, or some other kind of misfortune. Then there’s the effect of disease.
It can be very rough. There can be discrimination. And there can be plenty of misunderstandings.
At the same time, though, there are opportunities for learning, compassion, and dialogue about what some of our fellow human beings needs in this life–and, just as importantly, what special things they can offer back.
Musicians are just like the rest of us, subject to the whims and frailties of this bag of water and chemicals we inhabit. These are some of their stories.
Songs heard on this program:
- Ramones, I Wanna Be Sedated
- X-Ambassadors, Renegades
- Matt Good, Born Losers
- The Vines, Break Free
- Portugal. The Man, Feel It Still
- Edwyn Collins, A Girl Like You
- Billy Talent, Try Honesty
- Spirit of the West, Home for a Rest
Eric Wilhite created this playlist for us.
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday at 7 pm
- Q107/Toronto – Sunday at 9 pm
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener – Sunday at 8p pm
- Big Kingston – Saturday and Sunday at 11 pm
- The Wolf, Peterborough – Sunday at 8 pm
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- Power 97/Winnipeg – Sunday at 8 am
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver – Sunday at 11 pm
- WAPS/WKTL The Summit/Arkon, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown The show runs at 11 am Sunday. This, by the way, is a great option for American listeners who are prevented from listening to the show live because of geo-blocking,
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.
If you ever miss a show, you can always get the podcast edition available through Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your on-demand audio.
Questions about any past shows? Ideas for future programs? Just shoot an email to email@example.com