I’m currently on tour with William Shatner as part of his How Time Flies production. One part of the show is devoted to his music career. One of the stories he tells is the time he performed “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” from his Transformed Man album on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
Carson apparently turned to Ed McMahon and mouthed “WHAT. THE. F*CK?”
This got me thinking: what are some of the greatest WTF musical moments of all time? What a perfect theme for a playlist!
Here are the rules for The Recommendation Project.
1. Look me up on Rdio (www.rdio.com/people/AlanCross) and find the playlist marked The Recommendation Project Part 15: WTF Songs.
2. Think about all the songs in your library and pick that one song that will make everyone go “WTF?”
3. Again, the song can be brand new or just new to you.
4. Let your friends know about the project. Get them to contribute.
5. And just so there’s no confusion, I don’t have any fiscal connection to Rdio other than I’m a regular $10/month subscriber.