I still get a thrill when I hear a brand new song that for reasons unknown stimulates the neurochemistry in my brain.
What recent song has sent shivers down your spine and made you go “What IS this?” My most recent experience was with Quilt and a song entitled “Cowboys in the Void.” It may not do the same for you, but I’d be interested in knowing about a song or two that affected you the same way.
Here are the rules for The Recommendation Project.
1. Look me up on Rdio (www.rdio.com/people/AlanCross) and find the playlist marked The Recommendation Project Part 19: A Great Recent Discovery.
2. Think about all the songs in your library and pick that one new discovery you think everyone needs to hear.
3. Again, the song can be brand new or just new to you.
4. Let your friends know about the project. Get them to contribute.
5. And just so there’s no confusion, I don’t have any fiscal connection to Rdio other than I’m a regular $10/month subscriber.