As investors in UP Cannabis (also known as Newstrike and with the ticker symbol HIP.V) one of the companies that will provide legal marijuana come October 17 (oddly enough, the first anniversary of Gord Downie’s death), the Tragically Hip have unveiled the names of five strains of weed that will soon go on sale.
They’re all named after Hip songs. What a surprise, huh?
- Eldorado (from Fully Completely)
- Morning Moon (We Are the Same)
- Grace (“Grace Too” from Day for Night)
- Gems (“The Last of the Unplugged Gems” from Road Apples)
- 50MC (Mission Cap) (Fully Completely)
I assume they considered names based on “Blow at High Dough,” “Fiddler’s Green,” “Vapor Trails,” and “Fire in the Hole.”
And someone must have suggested “Ahead by a Century” (i.e. “A Head by a Century”)
Details on the strains (indica and sativa and their posted THC concentrations) will become more clear as the legalization date draw closer.